Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gingerbread House

Tonight Logan and I put together his gingerbread house kit that my mom got him from Joann's and it turned out better than I'd expected.  Now I've made gingerbread houses before but never from a kit and let me tell you, the icing that came with it was a pain.  Never again will I build one from a kit.  Nothing wanted to stick to the house AT ALL!  After contemplating throwing it out the window I reassessed the situation and came to the conclusion that the house pictured on the box could not possibly have been put together with just icing and still looked that good.  So... out came the hot glue gun.  Yes, I said hot glue gun.  Now I can say that it's because I'm at my parents house for the holidays and didn't have my all my cake decorating supplies, but in reality, with the way things were going (or should I say falling off), I'd have grabbed the hot glue gun no matter where I was.  The way I see it, the gumdrops on top are really the only thing Logan MIGHT want to pick off and eat and they're not glued on so we're all good.  So now, I shall share with you our gingerbread masterpiece.  LOL.

1 comment:

  1. That is the most beautiful Gingerbread house ever! I'm so jealous (mine came out horribly wrong LOL). Great job!

    ReplyDelete